Examination & Promotion
As per the CBSE norms every student is required to get a scale D or above in all the subjects
excluding additional subject for the purpose of promotion to the next class. A student
getteing E1 or E2 in one or more subjects will have to improve his performance in one
or subsequent attempt to obtain the qulaifying grade D in these subjects. It is
mandatory to appear in bothe the summative assesment during the academic year.
As Per CBSE Norms:-
- Those students who get total grade points in coscholastic areas/activities
in the range 53-65 may benefit by getting upgraded to the next higher grade in
two subjects in scholastic areas.
- Those students who get total grade points int he range 40-52, may benefit
by getting upgraded to the next higher grade in one subjject in scholastic area.
- The upscaling of grade in scholastic areas is appli-cable in Main Subject
only (i.e.excluding Additional 6th Subject)
- No Grade should be upscaled twice.
- No upscaling is done if the grade obtained in the subject is E2 or A1.
- Upscaling is done from lowest grade to next higher grade and so on.
(Example: E1 be upscaled to D, D to C2, C2 to C1, C1 to B2, B2 to B1, B1 to A2 and A2 to A1)
- In case of tie in grades in two or more subjects (i.e. If grades obtained are same),
the upscaling be done in following order:-
V Higher marks obtained in the subject preferred
V In case of tie in the marks, higher marks obtained in Summative Assessments (SA1+SA2)
V In case of tie in Summative Assessments marks, higher marks obtained in Formative Assessments (FA1+FA2+FA3+FA4).
- Benefit shall be given to the students who win I/II positions/prizes in competitions
held at state level and/or participation in competitions held at national /international
level organised by a body recognised by the state/central government/CBSE. Any
competition organised by such agencies related to the co-scholastic areas/activities
included in the Board’s CCE card may be considered for giving this benefit. Those
students who qualify under this provision will benefit by getting their grade up-scaled to
the next higher grade in two subjects provided this benefit has not been given to the
student under the aforesaid grade point scheme.
- If a student fails to obtain qualifying grade D in one or more subjects, even
after adding grade points from co-scholastic areas and after availing one improvement
chance, he/she will be required to repeat the same class during next academic year.
|DOMAINS - Scholastic Areas (Grading on 9 Point Scale)
||Grade Point Co-Scholastic
Area / Activities(Revised Scheme)
||3x5 = 15
||1x5 = 5
||Visual & Performance Arts
||1x5 = 5
||Attitude & Values
||4x5 = 20
||2x5 = 10
||Health & Physical Education
||2x5 = 10
For Class XI
- In order to pass, a student must secure 33% marks in each of the subjects studied by him/her separa-tely
in both theory and practical portion.
- A student who has appeared in annual exam but is not eligible for promotion to next class is eligible for
appearing in compartmental examination, provided.
v he/she has secured at least 20% marks in only one failing subject.
v For practical subjects: if a student has failed in theory, compartment is given in the theory only but if
a student has failed in practical. he/she has to appear both in theory and practical.
- Student failing in more than one subject is not eligible for compartment and will be required to repeat the
same class in next academic year.